We have been planning away over here and now have all of the Summer Camp Information squared away and all lined up! There will definitely be another action packed set of weeks here. As most of you know our camps are modeled after our afterschool program, and the emphasis of Martial Art Training + Leadership Development + FUN is our way of having a good time.
Each week of camp is unique in terms of the “Theme” as well as the martial art training offered! We also have some pretty cool field trips lined up this year too, so we hope that the Kids will be ready for all of the action!
–June 8th to 12th – Summer Camp 1 – Train Like An Animal & Grappling
–June 22nd to 26th – Summer Camp 2 – HRD Goes To Hollywood & Striking/Sparring
–July 13th to 17th – Summer Camp 3 – Martial Arts Marathon & Self-Defense/Agility
–August 10th to 14th – Summer Camp 4 – Kings, Queens, Knights, & Castles – Weaponry
Go Online www.TLKsummercamp.com For All of The Details!!!
– Structured Programming is from 9am to 5pm (doors open for drop-off at 8:30, doors close for last pickup 6pm)
– Lunch & snacks provided
– Field Trip Price included in camp fee
– HUGE Discounts Available for early birds & multiple session participants
NO PREVIOUS MARTIAL ART EXPERIENCE NECESSARY FOR OUR CAMPS!
Current Students, New Students, and General Public are ALL Welcome! Remember, camp sizes are limited to 45 kids per session though, so make sure to get in your registrations ASAP to reserve your space!
Cold days are here, but dojang still open for people to warm up & sweat!
I know that some schools are closing up tomorrow, and some schools still haven’t decided – HOWEVER, we will be open for normal hours and programming. It will obviously be cold out so make sure to bundle up if you do decide to head out, and if you stay home we understand as well. Choose what you want, and we happy to be here!
-TLK Afterschool is open for regular hours 2-6pm. For all of the TLK families, if you want to drop off your child to participate in some afternoon training and some other fun and games you are welcome. For the non-Wednesday kids, you are also welcome to come as well – ALL TLK kids welcome as long as you are currently enrolled in TLK program. If participating please make sure to arrive by 2:30pm as we will be getting into the projects and training then.
-For other dojang kids/families looking for something to do, if you want to jump into this “open” TLK Afterschool day you are also welcome. There will be $25 “drop-in” fee to participate. There will be a seminar style martial art class plus some fun activities/projects/games. Again time frame 2-6pm. If choose to participate please show up by 2:30pm too (and yes have uniforms).
-Regular classes are on Regular schedule for the rest of the night.
Ok, if we don’t see you here – STAY WARM!
Dear Dojang Families,
As announced at tournament this weekend, the Tomorrow’s Leading Knights program is now an Officially Approved 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization!!! It has taken over 2 years of work to get to this point, and very exciting to finally be official and have the letter in hand! We have been operating as a non-profit the past 2 years, however, have had the “pending” status hang over us which has been very limiting. However, with that out of the way, it is time to roll full steam ahead!
I have already been connecting with folks to get some of our initiatives moving. Along with being able to evolve our operations and presence here with our home location, we do have some significant plans for the future. There is now information posted online that shares our story and mission. When you have a chance please jump on over to the following link for a detailed scoop on the plans: http://tlkafterschool.com/tlk/mission/non-profit-agenda/
As things develop with our Academy please stay tuned for news and materials related to the exciting impact that’s in store. From the first seed that was planted here 14 years ago with just a handful of people training hard in Hwa Rang Do with me, we are now ready to reach out as a significant organization! The horizon is bright, and I look forward to the continued journey together.
Also wanted to drop in a special Thank You to Stephanie Alexander. As things have expanded here at our school, she has really been dedicated to our vision and worked tirelessly to move things forward, and administer much of the non-profit loops. When you run into her, I hope you can share some appreciation ^^
Give to the Max!
While we didn’t have our official status to be included in Minnesota’s great online GIVE TO THE MAX DAY (yes today Nov 13), we do have online processing available for anyone who wants to give or share with others! We are in the razoo non-profit platform right here: http://www.razoo.com/story/Tlk
Please remember, all contributions made to TLK whether online or dropped of in check format are FULLY TAX-DEDUCTIBLE! Receipts will be provided once processed. Thank you very much for your consideration during the end of the year push. We look forward to making a significant impact around the region, but know it will only happen with support and partnerships from you and the community!
CEO & Chief Instructor
Tomorrow’s Leading Knights
The Hwa Rang Do Minneapolis Academy
For everyone looking for INCREDIBLE After School Programming, make sure you get signed up ASAP. We only have a few more spaces left in our program, and do expect to reach capacity this fall. Tuesday’s are currently full unless you want 5 Day per week option. Wednesday & Thursday are just about full if you want 2, 3, or 4 day per week options. Again, we are saving a couple places for those families that want 5 days per week, otherwise, slots are almost gone and we will create a wait list and other admission requirements once program is full. If you need more information just visit = www.tlkafterschool.com
Testing, Classes, Tournament & Seminars!
Summer is certainly in full swing these days! Been having fun with camps, and of course classes moving right along. I did want to drop in some reminders about July events – there is actually quite a bit of stuff upcoming.
1) This weekend is actually our last weekend regular classes! Friday Junior TGT, Acrobop, and Open Gym Fight Night Practice. Saturday Kid’s Sword Fighting, Teen/Adult Weaponry, Adults Sparring & Grappling. Hope you can make it in for some good weekend workouts!
2) The next test is coming up, next week! We would do tip tests during class on Wednesday and Thursday, and then full belt level tests on Friday and Saturday. Make sure to get your paperwork in if you are doing a full belt test.
3) The Hwa Rang Do World Championships are now ONLY 2 WEEKS AWAY!!! This is definitely the biggest event in the Midwest regional history for our martial art, and we are looking for a great turnout from the entire region. I know the Madison, WI folks are extremely fired up, as I have been getting some friendly trash talk from some of the instructors. All in good nature for sure – but they are looking to bring a nice challenge to the Minneapolis contingency. I know some people still need to get registered for this incredible event – so please make sure to go online and take care of that as soon as you can. The tournament is on July 26th and 27th – and then there are seminars with our head Grandmasters during the following week. This is a super important event, that will be sure to educate and inspire everyone who participates. And at minimum, it would be great to at least make it for the tournament. Again, the tournament has events for ALL ages, ALL levels, and will be a huge highlight! (it is run similar to how we run our event each fall – just will include more people from around the region, and world!)
If you haven’t registered already just go here online to take care of it all: http://summer.hwarangdowi.com/
4) The Minneapolis Dojang WILL BE CLOSED during the tournament and seminar events since the majority people will be there – especially all instructors. There will be summer camp on July 25th, however NO OTHER CLASSES Friday the 25th through Saturday August 2nd. Everything will be back to normal Monday August 3rd.
5) There are also some spaces left in the summer camps that were running here locally. It would be fun to see some more people join the crew, and especially if you’re heading the Madison for tournament the kids can get in a good amount of extra practice to prepare for the events. August camps have some space too, so just connect up if you want to get registered! All the info on each week session is online right: http://tlksummercamp.com/
6) We are also accepting enrollments for our Afterschool Programming too these days – and after crunching some numbers in terms of facility/staffing/kids, we are going to be putting on a cap in terms of space on the program this year. Everyone who has been enrolled in the past definitely has a space secured if you want it. Also, new siblings will get preferential treatment – however it looks like we will be able fill the place up this fall! Thanks again for your support & involvement – it is so exciting to work with a great group of kids and build strength, confidence, and health every day! http://tlkafterschool.com/tlk/index/
OK, that’s all for now – so best wishes in your training before an awesome championship in a couple weeks!
Instructor Dylan Sirny
& The Hwa Rang Do Martial Art Academy
That’s right just over a month to go until Summer hits Minnesota and we are gearing up for our incredible Summer Camps. Make sure you get registered ASAP as there is a limit on spaces. To learn more just visit our Summer Camp Website here: http://tlksummercamp.com
OK, it’s official another winter blast is roaring up and Minneapolis Programming is canceled for afternoon. Things are starting to get slippery so try and get home early everyone. I am sure its going to get messy soon – so NO CLASSES AT THE DOJANG TODAY THURSDAY 2/20. Continue reading
Do you want a date night with your loved one? A Date night that lasts until the next morning? We have the event for you!!
We are having an overnight Lock-in Fundraiser on February 14th. All Donations will be tax deductible and will go to TLK to help make our fundraising goal for 2014 – and proceeds for this event will be specifically dedicated to our new Continue reading
Just roll with it everyone, nothin’ else to do. Schools are canceled on Monday, but the Dojang is open!
MONDAY RELEASE DAY
Again, TLK, regular kids, and the public are welcome. Dress warm on the way here, and we will stay warm with inside action!
Cost: $43 per child ($10 off)
Lunch: Hot Dogs
Time: 8:30am drop off, pick up by 6pm Continue reading